- Assistant Professor, Neuroscience Institute, GSU, 2009-present.
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics, GSU, 2007-2009 (joint faculty member from 2009).
- Affiliate faculty with Institute for Urban Health (PUHR), GSU, 2011-present.
- Post-doctoral research fellow, Dept. of Mathematics and Center for Applied Mathematics, Cornell University, 2004-2007. Mentor: John Guckenheimer.
- Post-doctoral research fellow, Dept. of Mathematics and Center for Biodynamics, Boston University, 2001-2004. Mentor: Nancy Kopell.
- Visiting Researcher, Dept. of Mathematics, University of Pittsburgh, Fall 2000. Mentor: Bard Ermentrout.
- Research assistant and computer programmer, Physiological Laboratory,
Downing St., Cambridge, UK, Summer 1994. Mentor: Horace Barlow.
- Ph.D., Applied Mathematics, Department of Engineering Mathematics, University of Bristol, UK, 1997-2001. Title: "Techniques for Analysing Multistability in Spiking Neural Networks", supervised by Prof. Alan Champneys.
- M.Sc., Nonlinear Mathematics, Department of Math., University of Bath, UK, 1996-1997.
- M.A. Computer Science, Christ's College, University of Cambridge, UK, 1992-1995.
- Sir Roger Manwood's Grammar School, Sandwich, Kent, UK, 1985-1992.
I received an URSA Research Initiation Grant as co-PI with Drs. Iman Chahine (CoE) and Mark Grinshpon (Math and Stats) to research the roles of pre-calculus preparation in Calculus I teaching.
I was also awarded a Brains and Behavior Seed Grant as co-PI with Drs. Brad Cooke in the NI and Steve Potter at Georgia Tech, to study sex differences in Micro-Electrode Array preparations of neural cultures.